Business Development Manager
Adliswil, Zurich, CH
In a nutshell
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to join our Business Development and Sales Team and help us develop the next big thing. It is an exciting role in an impactful team where you are part of the strategic decision-making and take responsibility from day one.
We are the truth behind the product. collectID is the product authenticity and customer engagement ecosystem. We protect brands and transform products into a superior communication and sales channel. collectID patented technology offers a unique combination of NFC tags and blockchain to deliver the first fully secure product authenticity ecosystem. Learn more about our technology. We value innovation, collaboration, and curiosity.
We strive to develop all our employees to reach their full potential. We are proud to be the winner of several pitching battles and be part of the Swiss National Startup Team. We are in the office 3-4 days a week, 1-2 days are home office. Additionally, depending on the tasks and on mutual agreement, working from other places can be possible.
Your main goal is to pitch and sell our solution to potential B2B customers and to support these customers using our solution. The customer journey typically starts with a first meeting (physical or virtual) and enters the second phase when a customer signs an agreement with collectID.
In this role, you will pitch to top executives (i.e. C-Level) and you will be involved both in the definition of the strategic direction and in the execution of this strategy together with the team. You should be a team player with a keen eye for detail and problem-solving skills. It’s crucial to like presenting in front of new and existing customers and to be able to think outside the box in order to find new ways to close deals.
- Research, develop, define and execute business development and sales strategies.
- Pitch and sell (upsell) the collectID solution to potential and existing B2B customers.
- Support collectID’s existing and new B2B customers using the solution. –
- Gather, consolidate and learn from feedback gained through interaction with potential and existing customers to improve and adjust colletID’s product and sales strategy.
- Represent and pitch collectID in a professional manner at all times.
- Someone who sees the big picture with the ability to dig into details, rolling up their sleeves to get the job done.
- A desire for the entrepreneurial atmosphere and impact of a small company.
- A self-motivating personality who’s eager to learn, develop, and finally succeed.
Skills and experience
- MSc/MA in Business Administration, Computer Science, Design, or a related field.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills. – Resourcefulness and troubleshooting attitude with attention to detail.
- Experience working in business development and/or sales is a plus.
- Experience working in a dynamic (i.e. startup) environment is a plus.
- Familiarity or hands-on experience with any of the following methodologies and technologies is a plus: SEO, analytics (i.e. Facebook), sales tools (i.e. Hubspot), Scrum, Design Thinking, mobile application development (iOS and Android), cryptography, Blockchain as well as NFC technology
Our core values
- Everyone has a voice. We look to the people with the most knowledge, listen hard, and choose the best way forward.
- We go the extra mile. We are more motivated, work harder, and do more than our competition. If we don’t do this, we don’t stand a chance.
- Everyone makes an impact. If you work here, we trust you to create value. In fact, we’re counting on it.
- We learn from everything. Win or lose, sale or no sale; we do our best to learn from every experience.
- Authentication for everyone. Our system is built on highly complex technology. Our job is to make all that complexity easy to use for regular people.
- Authentication for everything. Every product has its own truth; where and how it was created and by whom. We’re here to make this truth accessible.
How to apply?
You need to be legally authorized to work in Switzerland (Swiss citizen, EU/EFTA citizen, Swiss residence permit holder) to apply for this job. Apply by email to Sergio Muster (Co-founder & Chief People Officer, email@example.com). Include your resume, cover letter, and current notice period.
Add Your Info Below
Enter your details in the form below