Unique Ways to Activate Game-Worn Jerseys
ESTAC raised additional revenue for UNICEF and positioned itself as one of the most innovative clubs in the French Ligue 1.
Client: ESTAC Troyes
Unique fan experience
By combining creativity and audacity, ESTAC sold 15 game-worn jerseys that included the collectID technology, offered fans a unique experience, and raised close to EUR 30.000. In the next phase, all fan jerseys for the season 2022/23 were equipped with the collectID technology.
Unique Fan Experience
By combining creativity and audacity, ESTAC sold 15 game-worn jerseys with collectID technology, offered fans a unique experience, and raised close to 30,000 EUR. Following this project, all fan jerseys for the season 2022/23 were equipped with the collectID technology.
Game-Worn Jerseys Connected to NFTs
Attendees in the Auction
EUR Donated to UNICEF
Unique Fan Experiences
- The need to guarantee authenticity to prove that jerseys were game-worn
- How to add value to jerseys to drive auction prices
- Marketing campaigns had low engagement rates
The game-worn jerseys from the game against Paris Saint Germain were previously equipped with the collectID technology to ensure their authenticity and proof of game-worn. Each jersey gave its buyer a unique experience with the ESTAC team, such as, for example, a match against the team with their friends or the opportunity to watch a game from a jacuzzi inside the stadium. On top of that, each jersey gave its new owner access to player-specific content, a customized video message from that player to the buyer, and a digital signature from the player besides being physically signed by the player. These additional features, such as the digital signature and the video from the player, last for a lifetime on the jersey and are accessible with a quick and easy scan with the smartphone. The digital signatures come as NFTs tied to the ownership of the jersey, and the digital jersey can be used in the Metaverse.
- The auction event had over 350 attendees that were interested in buying one of the only 15 game-worn jerseys available
- Auctioned jerseys were sold at around 3,000 EUR and the event raised close to 30,000 EUR which was donated to UNICEF to support children affected by the war in Ukraine
- The event generated massive echo in media, in France, and worldwide
Benefits for ESTAC Troyes Fans
- Fans could guarantee that their jersey is authentic and game-worn by a player of ESTAC Troyes
- Owners of the game-worn jerseys got access to a unique experience with the team (example here)
- Fans received the physical jersey accompanied by its digital twin which unlocked a digital signature and a personal video from the player who wore the jersey
Benefits for ESTAC Troyes
- ESTAC generated additional revenue for UNICEF through its efforts.
- ESTAC increased its awareness and media coverage, positioning itself as an innovative club in Ligue 1.
- ESTAC created a community of highly engaged collectors and increased fan engagement through phygital game-used items.
Did you like this case study?
If you want to know more, and see how collectID can help your company, contact us today
Request a free consultation now