Money Can’t Buy Experience
SONRA established a channel for direct communication and a loyalty rewards program for 46% of their buyers.
Elevating Customer Engagement
The sneaker that gets you the next sneaker. Berlin-based footwear brand SONRA elevated customer engagement and additional sales with the release of their limited edition sneakers featuring the collectID technology.
Elevating Customer Engagement
The sneaker that gets you the next sneaker. Berlin-based footwear brand SONRA elevated customer engagement and additional sales with the release of their limited edition sneakers featuring the ZATAP technology.
The collectID technology the hip brand to collect authentic and creative user-generated content from their community, reward their most loyal members, and drive additional sales.
The ZATAP technology allowed the brand to collect authentic and creative user-generated content from their community, reward their most loyal members, and drive additional sales.
Buyers Scanned Their SONRA Prickly Pear
Buyers Scanned Their SONRA Eisenhut
Buyers Immediately Bought the Next SONRA
Buyers Submitted Creative Content
“The start of the partnership with ZATAP was perfect. The SONRA “Prickly Pear” was sold out within minutes, and I was able to offer my community a unique experience. It whets my appetite for more, and I look forward to implementing the ZATAP technology for all SONRA sneakers.”
Hikmet Sugoer, Founder Sonra
- Limited brand awareness as a young brand
- Passionate enthusiasts of the brand miss out on product releases due to high demand from resellers
- Authenticity concerns in the secondary market
An encrypted ZATAP NFC tag was embedded into two sneaker models of Berlin-based brand SONRA (SONRA proto Prickly Pear and SONRA Eisenhut) and can be scanned with any smartphone. With a simple scan, buyers verified the sneaker’s authenticity. They could add it to their collection, which unlocked an engaging community contest for the owners of the Eisenhut, where participants were asked to showcase their passion for the brand in a creative format featuring the Eisenhut. The winners could secure guaranteed access to all upcoming SONRA limited releases for as long as one year, which would generate additional sales for the brand.
For the Prickly Pear, lucky owners were white-listed for the next release, meaning they were guaranteed access to purchase a pair despite every drop being sold out within minutes. In addition, the creative user-generated content helped Sonra to increase its brand awareness authentically and credibly, while giving community members a chance to become even more invested with their favorite brand.
- 57% of all buyers scanned their SONRA Prickly Pear with their smartphone
- 46% of all buyers registered ownership of their SONRA Prickly Pear
- 37% of all buyers of the SONRA Prickly Pear took advantage of their pre-sale right to buy the subsequent release
- 49% of all buyers scanned their SONRA Eisenhut with their smartphone
- 43% of all buyers registered ownership of their SONRA Eisenhut
- 11% of all buyers of the SONRA Eisenhut submitted creative content and participated in the community contest
Benefits for SONRA Customers
- Eisenhut owners had an exclusive opportunity to win year-long access to all SONRA releases.
- Prickly Pear owners had guaranteed the right to purchase the next release.
- Customers could easily verify the authenticity of their sneakers, simplifying P2P sales.
Benefits for SONRA
- SONRA directly communicated and sold to 46% of Prickly Pear and 43% of Eisenhut buyers.
- SONRA’s loyal customers became brand ambassadors, creating buzz and increasing brand awareness.
- SONRA prioritized rewarding passionate customers over resellers, leading to sustained customer satisfaction, and established a secure, tamper-proof product ecosystem with ZATAP technology.
Did you like this case study?
If you want to know more, and see how ZATAP can help your company, contact us today
Request a free consultation now